The History and Deliciousness of KFC’s Original Recipe Chicken Thigh
Want to make fried chicken as good as the Colonel? Get as close as possible with this amazing KFC original recipe chicken thigh recipe that’s been around for almost a century!
KFC is one of the best-known fast food companies in the world and it has been serving up its famous fried chicken since the 1930s. The original recipe chicken thigh is one of the chain’s most popular items and is made with a unique blend of spices and herbs. While KFC is known for its chicken, the original recipe thigh has always been a favorite for its juicy, tender and flavorful meat.
KFC Original Recipe Chicken Thigh
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground black pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- In a large shallow bowl or plate, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, white pepper and black pepper. Mix together until combined.
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Dust each thigh with the flour mixture and make sure to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the thighs to the skillet and fry until golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to let any excess oil drain.
- Enjoy your delicious KFC original recipe chicken thighs!