Introducing Ketchup Soup: A Delicious and Unconventional Recipe
Sometimes the most interesting food creations happen when you’re hungry and feeling adventurous. That’s where ketchup soup comes in: an unconventional recipe, strong on flavor, perfect for satisfying your cravings.
Over the years, ketchup soup has become a staple in some parts of Europe and the US, with a few regional differences in the recipe. It’s one of those memorable dishes that can take you right back to childhood when you taste it. But, we’re here to introduce you to a new and innovative version of the classic ketchup soup.
-1 onion (chopped)
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
-1 4-ounce can of diced tomatoes
-1 ½ cups of Vegetable broth
-1 cup of cooked or canned black beans
-2 teaspoons of cumin
-1 teaspoon of paprika
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
2. Saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
3. Add the ketchup, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the black beans, cumin, and paprika. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve warm with crusty bread.
There you have it – an interesting twist on an old favorite. The combination of flavors – the boldness of ketchup, the warmth of cumin, the smokiness of paprika – makes for a unique and delicious soup. It’s perfect for a comforting lunch or dinner on a cold winter’s day.
This ketchup soup is part of a wider culinary tradition. It’s also similar to some French recipes that involve adding a tomato-based sauce to a soup base, like the famous French onion soup. But, it’s an easy way to get creative while cooking, and you can be sure to leave your dinner guests impressed. So, dig in and enjoy!