Let’s Celebrate with Jubilee Chicken!
The smell of Jubilee Chicken sizzling in the pan can bring back memories of happy childhood celebrations like birthdays and holidays. This flavorful dish, an old-fashioned favorite, combines the bold flavors of grilled chicken with herbs and spices from around the world.
The layering of flavors and spices make this dish come alive. Rubbed in a blend of cumin, garlic, oregano, and coriander, the chicken is then stuffed with a mixture of pearl onions, prunes, and raisins that pack a sweet punch. After the chicken is seared in a hot pan, it is cooked slowly in a juicy reduction. The resulting rich and fragrant flavors make this dish irresistible.
The special ingredients in Jubilee Chicken make it unique among chicken dishes. It’s richly influenced by a variety of cultures, including Middle Eastern, Asian, and South American. The unusual combination of prunes and pearl onions adds a burst of flavor that can surprise and delight.
This festive dish is perfect for special occasions. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or just enjoying a family dinner, Jubilee Chicken is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Even those who may be intimidated by curried flavors or unusual ingredients will be charmed by the fragrant aromas and captivated by the tantalizing flavors.
If Jubilee Chicken sounds too complicated for you, try something easier like Chicken Fajitas or Chicken Tikka Masala. You can also use this recipe as a base and make changes as you like – switch to your preferred cut of chicken or use different vegetables.
Bring the flavors of the world to your dinner table with this delicious Jubilee Chicken recipe!
2 lbs chicken (breast, thigh, or drumsticks)
●2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
●1 tablespoon ground cumin
●1 teaspoon garlic powder
●1 teaspoon ground coriander
● Juice of one lemon
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 cup pearl onions
● ½ cup prunes, chopped
● ½ cup raisins
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 cup chicken broth
● 1 teaspoon honey
1. Mix together oregano, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, lemon juice, and olive oil.
2. Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Sear on both sides until lightly browned, about 7 minutes per side.
4. Add the pearl onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the prunes, raisins, and garlic to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and honey to the pan, cover, and reduce heat to low.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Serve the Jubilee Chicken with steamed vegetables for an easy and delicious dinner. Enjoy!