The Joy of Baking Banana Bread
For many, there is something wonderfully satisfying about the smell and taste of freshly baked banana bread. This classic treat has been enjoyed by generations, and continues to be a favorite snack even today. Not only is it delicious, but it’s a surprisingly easy and economical treat to make. Here is a simple and delicious recipe to try if you want to experience the joy of baking banana bread.
-1 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
-1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
-¾ teaspoon baking soda
-¼ teaspoon salt
-2 large mashed bananas
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1/3 cup honey
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch loaf pan by lightly greasing it.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
4. Beat together the eggs, melted butter, honey, and vanilla in another bowl.
5. Stir the mashed bananas into the butter mixture.
6. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Slice and serve. Enjoy!