Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Love Japanese foods? This Japanese Teriyaki Chicken is a great dish for anyone to make. With succulent chicken combined with a sweet teriyaki sauce, this recipe is a delicious and quick meal. Sweet and savory, it’s sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons of mirin (rice wine)
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 tablespoons of sake
• 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons of oil (for frying)
1. Start by marinating the chicken. In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sake, sesame oil, and minced garlic.
2. Place the chicken breasts into the marinade, making sure that the chicken is coated evenly. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours (or longer, if desired).
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and let it brown on one side for about 2 minutes.
5. Once browned, flip the chicken breasts over and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to low and pour the marinade into the skillet.
7. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, until it is cooked through.
8. Take the chicken out of the skillet and place on a plate.
9. Turn the heat up to high and let the sauce boil for 2 to 4 minutes, until it has reduced and thickened to the desired consistency.
10. Slice the chicken breasts, pour the teriyaki sauce over the top, and enjoy!