Japanese Sashimi: the Healthy, Delicious Taste of Japan
Japanese sashimi has been a favorite meal in Japan for centuries. This light, flavorful fare is made from pristine, thinly-sliced raw fish served with complementary sides such as wasabi and soy sauce. Sashimi is low in both fat and calories and high in protein and essential oils, making it a healthy and satisfying meal for any occasion. This delicious dish can be easily recreated right in your kitchen with any kind of sushi-grade fish!
Simple Sashimi Recipe
- 2 filets of sushi-grade fish (such as yellow-fin tuna, salmon, or white-fleshed fish like sea bream or flounder)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, for garnish
- Thinly slice the sushi-grade fish into 1/4-inch pieces.
- On a serving plate, arrange the fish slices in a fan-shape pattern.
- Mix the soy sauce, wasabi paste, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the soy sauce mixture over the slices of fish.
- Garnish the dish with chives and serve immediately.
Now that you have this delicious sashimi recipe, you can give this traditional treat of Japan a try right at home. It is sure to be a dinner party hit! Enjoy the delicate flavor and texture of sashimi and its wonderful health benefits as well. Bon appétit!