Japanese Mizutaki Recipe
Mizutaki is a traditional Japanese dish that is hearty, healthy, and full of flavor. It is perfect for a casual get-together or a special occasion. This recipe has been passed down throughout generations in Japan and is still enjoyed today.
• 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 2 cups of Japanese-style dashi broth
• 2 tablespoons of sake
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 4 ounces of tofu, cut into small cubes
• 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms
• 1/2 cup of sliced carrots
• 1/2 cup of sliced bamboo shoots
• 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
• 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
1. In a large saucepan, bring the dashi broth and sake to a boil.
2. Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the soy sauce and salt.
4. Add the tofu, mushrooms, carrots, and bamboo shoots and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the sesame oil.
7. Ladle the mizutaki into individual soup bowls and top with the scallion slices.
8. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Mizutaki is an enjoyable, savory stew that is perfect for a cold day or special occasion. Its combination of savory chicken, flavorful broth, and a mix of vegetables makes it a truly unique and special meal. Enjoy!