Jamie Oliver’s Butter Chicken: A Flavorful Fusion of Indian and British Cuisine
At first glance, the words “Jamie Oliver” and “Butter Chicken” may seem an unlikely combination. After all, this classic Indian dish is not one we normally think of as being influenced by the British cuisine. But when you add in the famed British chef and all-around foodie, the combination of traditional Indian flavors and modern cooking techniques create a unique and incredibly flavorful dish.
This Jamie Oliver Butter Chicken recipe allows you to bring the essence of traditional Indian cooking and Jamie Oliver’s modern culinary skills together. With plenty of butter and a robust blend of spices, this fusion of two distinct cultures is truly a treat for the taste buds.
-8 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken
-3 tablespoons of butter
-half a cup of heavy cream
-1 teaspoon of garam masala
-2 teaspoons of ground cumin
-half a teaspoon of coriander
-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
-half an onion (chopped)
-half a green chilli (chopped)
-1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
-juice of 1 lime
-half a teaspoon of smoked paprika
-2 tablespoons of mango chutney
-2 tablespoons of tomato puree
1. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, and green chilli, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the ground cumin, garam masala, coriander, smoked paprika, ground turmeric, and mango chutney, and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the heavy cream and tomato puree, stirring to combine.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the lime juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve over steamed basmati rice and enjoy!
With this Jamie Oliver Butter Chicken recipe, you get a flavor combination that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The tender pieces of chicken, combined with the mild Indian spices and a splash of sharp lime juice, create a sophisticated blend of tastes. Along with a variety of vegetables and some basmati rice, this dish can be a complete meal or it can be served as part of a larger spread.
Butter Chicken is a beloved dish throughout India and many other parts of the world. It is also an interesting example of how two distinct cultures can come together to create something new and unique. And with this Jamie Oliver Butter Chicken recipe, you can now add a twist of British flavor to the traditional Indian classic.