The Spiciness of Jalapeno Beef
Jalapeno beef is a mouthwatering dish that brings together salty beef, smoky jalapenos, and zesty spices. Sure to tantalize all of your taste buds, jalapeno beef packs a fiery, yet rich, flavor. It can be served as a main dish for dinner or as a game day snack. Best of all, the recipe is simple, fast, and economical.
This recipe is perfect for making a delicious jalapeno beef dish that’s sure to impress. To start, you’ll need:
- One pound lean ground beef
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One small onion, diced
- One garlic clove, minced
- Two tablespoons tomato paste
- One tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- One teaspoon honey
- One teaspoon chilli powder
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- One jalapeno pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings are shredded cheese, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, and/or cilantro.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the diced onions and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened and translucent.
3. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Add the ground beef to the skillet and break it up as it cooks. Cook until the beef is fully browned, stirring to break up any large chunks.
5. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, honey, chili powder, and cumin to the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is combined and the spices are fragrant.
7. Add the diced jalapenos and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the jalapenos are softened.
8. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, as needed.
9. Serve the jalapeno beef with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- If you’d like to amp up the spiciness, add an extra jalapeno pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Rather than ground beef, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or pork for a leaner dish.
- The jalapeno beef can be served in tacos, burritos, and even quesadillas. It’s also delicious when served over rice or in a wrap.
This jalapeno beef recipe is sure to be a hit, no matter the occasion. With its hearty and spicy flavors, it’s sure to tantalize all of your taste buds. Enjoy!