Decadent Jack Skellington Cupcakes
Nothing screams Halloween like Jack Skellington. That lanky skeleton is part of what makes this time of year so fun and inviting! What’s even more exciting is that you can bring this spooky character to life with a delicious batch of Jack Skellington Cupcakes! Sweet, creamy, and full of flavor, these cupcakes will be the star of any Halloween party.
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
•1 cup granulated sugar
•2 large eggs
•1 cup buttermilk
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
•1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
•1 tub store-bought black frosting
•Halloween sprinkles and edible glitter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cupcake tins with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the eggs one at a time.
5. Add the buttermilk, vanilla, and cocoa powder, and mix until well combined.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is just combined.
7. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and divide the batter among the lined cupcake tins.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cupcake comes out clean.
9. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Frost the cupcakes with the black frosting and sprinkle with the Halloween sprinkles and edible glitter.
These Jack Skellington cupcakes will definitely bring some serious spookiness to your Halloween party or even just a great after-dinner treat! With the unique flavors of butter, cocoa, and chocolate, these cupcakes make for an unforgettable treat. It’s always nice to borrow a recipe from other cultures and traditions, and that’s exactly what we do here with the festive Jack Skellington cupcakes. So make sure to try this recipe before the next Halloween season comes around!