Italian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Italian stuffed peppers are a kid friendly, flavorful dish that is bursting with the zesty flavors of Italian sausage, tomato sauce, garlic, basil, and cheese. Everyone I have made this dish for loves it, and it’s a great way to use up any leftover vegetables or sausage you may have around!
– 4 bell peppers
– 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
– 1/2 cup tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut the top off each bell pepper, and remove core and seeds. Discard these parts and set peppers aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage until done, about 10 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and basil to the cooked sausage. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Hence the sausage mixture and shredded cheeses in each pepper.
6. Place peppers in a baking dish, and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!