Italian Sausage and Peppers
This classic Italian dish has so much flavor, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. The sweet red peppers and tangy sliced sausage pair perfectly with some simple seasonings. There’s so much room to customize this dish, with variations of cheesy, creamy, spicy, or zesty – the possibilities are endless.
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1/2 pound Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
– 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into strips
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup water
– Cooked grain of your choice (rice, quinoa, etc.)
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage slices and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the bell peppers, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
4. Serve on top of your favorite cooked grain. Enjoy!