Mouthwatering Italian Potted Beef
Do your taste buds crave something truly delicious but not overly complicated to make?
If this is the case, then Italian Potted Beef is the dish for you! This classic Italian comfort food is sure to tantalize your taste buds with the perfect balance of savory flavors. Potted beef is a traditional dish made with beef, tomatoes, onions, and herbs that have been cooked together in a slow cooker.
This Is What You Need
- 2 lbs of beef chuck, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cubed beef to the skillet and brown it on all sides.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside. In the same skillet, add the onions, garlic, and spices. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Now, transfer the sautéed vegetables to a slow cooker. Add the browned beef, tomatoes, and enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once the beef is tender and cooked through, it’s ready to serve!
Italian Potted Beef is a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. You can serve it with mashed potatoes, noodles, polenta, or any other side dish. Additionally, you can serve it with salad greens, pickles, and crusty bread to make a full and flavorful meal.
This classic Italian dish is sure to please anybody’s taste buds. It’s easy to make in the slow cooker and will make a delicious and filling meal. Give this Italian Potted Beef recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed!