Italian Polenta Recipe
Polenta is a form of thick, porridge-like cornmeal that is typical of Northern Italy and surrounding areas. It is an extremely versatile, flavorful and interesting base for almost any meal. This recipe for Italian polenta is sure to add great flavor to any evening meal, and it is incredibly easy to make.
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of dry polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the chicken stock and olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat until the stock comes to a boil.
- Gradually add the polenta, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Once all of the polenta has been added, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook the polenta for about 15 minutes, or until it has thickened and the grains have softened.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and butter.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot to keep warm while you prepare the remaining meal.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!