Italian Osso Bucco
Osso Bucco is a delicious Italian dish that will tantalize your taste buds. Once you try it, you’ll be sure to add it to your list of favorite Italian dishes!
This dish is traditionally made with veal shanks cooked in white wine, tomatoes and vegetables. It is then finished with a splash of Marsala wine and gremolata, which is a mixture of parsley, lemon zest and garlic. The combination of all of these flavors creates an amazing dish that is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter night.
The great thing about osso bucco is that it is relatively easy to make, but delicious enough that you will want to serve it at a dinner party. Here is a simple and delicious recipe that is sure to please everyone’s palate:
– 4 Veal Shanks
– 1/2 Cup Flour
– 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
– 2 Carrots, Chopped
– 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
– 2 Onions, Chopped
– 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
– 2 Cups Dry White Wine
– 2-3 Cups Beef Stock
– 2 Bay Leaves
– 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
– 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal shanks in the flour mixture and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shanks and brown on all sides, just a few minutes per side. Remove the shanks from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add the carrots, celery, onions and garlic to the skillet and cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the wine to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the beef stock and bay leaves to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Return the shanks to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
7. Cove the skillet, transfer to the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
8. Remove the lid, return to the oven, and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the shanks are tender.
9. Serve the shanks with the sauce, topped with the parsley and thyme. Enjoy!