Italian Minestrone Soup Recipe
Italian Minestrone Soup is classic and hearty Italian soup that is perfect for a cold evening. This versatile soup can be a meal by itself due to its thick texture and full flavor. Plus, it is packed with a variety of healthy ingredients like vegetables, beans, and pasta. This Italian Minestrone Soup recipe makes a big batch that can be easily frozen for later enjoyment.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup small pasta (elbow macaroni or ditalini)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and all herbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, and spinach to the pot. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Italian Minestrone Soup warm.