Italian Margherita Pizza Recipe
A classic Italian Margherita pizza is a true testament to simple ingredients coming together to create a delicious masterpiece. It may be ordered in restaurants all around the world, yet nothing beats making it in your own kitchen. Here’s a flavorful Italian Margherita pizza recipe you can try out yourself.
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Mix together the diced tomatoes and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Spread a generous amount of flour onto your work surface, dusting off any excess. Cool the dough until it is at room temperature. Using your fingers, flatten the dough out into a circle.
- Brush the dough with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Place the dough onto a baking tray.
- Spread the diced tomatoes onto the dough evenly and layer the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza in the oven at 375-400°F (190-204°C) for 18 to 20 minutes. Broil it for a few extra minutes to get that signature crispy crust.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves after it is pulled out of the oven.
- Cut the pizza into slices and enjoy with family and friends.
This Italian Margherita pizza recipe is a tasty favorite that the whole family will love. The classic combination of basil, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes creates a flavor explosion in every bite. You can even add other fresh toppings such as peppers or mushrooms to your Margherita pizza to make it truly unique. Enjoy!