When you think of Italian food, one dish that comes to mind is Cannelloni. This tubes of pasta filled with delicious ingredients, covered in a marinara sauce, have been a staple of Italian cuisine for centuries. Whether you’re a fan of traditional Italian food, or looking for a fun twist on an old favorite, Italian Cannelloni is a dish that everyone can love.
• 1 Package of Cannelloni
• 1 Pound of Ground Beef
• 1 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
• 1 Egg
• 1 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 2 Cups of Marinara Sauce
• 1/2 Cup of Chopped Fresh Basil
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook Cannelloni according to package instructions and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned. Drain any excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. To assemble Cannelloni, spoon the ricotta cheese mixture into each tube and top with the ground beef.
6. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over the bottom.
7. Place the Cannelloni in the baking dish and top with remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until Cannelloni is cooked through and cheese is golden brown.
9. Serve with a side salad or vegetable of your choice and enjoy!