Delicious Italian Calzone Recipe
Have you ever wanted to know how to make a delicious Italian Calzone? If so, this recipe is for you! A calzone is a savory filled Italian oven-baked bread roll made of a pizza-like dough that features tomato sauce and melted cheese. It is a delicious and easy to make meal that is perfect for the entire family!
- 1 lb pizza or bread dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup diced pepperoni
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough so it is about a ¼ of an inch thick.
- Mix together the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread the marinara sauce onto the flattened pizza dough.
- Evenly spread the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning mix onto half of the marinara sauce side.
- Fold the other half of the dough onto the marinara/cheese side, creating a half moon shape.
- Using a fork, gently press along the edges of the dough to securely seal them together.
- Brush the olive oil onto the top of the calzone.
- Bake at 375the degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with more marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
And there you have it! With this delicious Italian calzone recipe, you can easily please your friends and family. Enjoy!