Italian Arancini Recipe
Italian Arancini are the perfect way to enjoy classic Italian flavors with a savory twist. Crispy and golden on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside, arancini can accommodate a variety of fillings including cheese, ham, and ragu, and are a great addition to any meal. Ready in about an hour, this recipe will give you delicious arancini that are sure to impress family and friends.
- 2 cups cooked risotto, cooled
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil or other cooking oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooled risotto, egg, egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the panko and flour. For each arancini, scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon of the prepared risotto mixture and shape it into a ball. Dip each ball in the panko-flour mixture and coat completely. Place the coated arancini onto a plate and continue with the remaining risotto mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour enough oil to fill the skillet halfway. Place the arancini, one at a time, into the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes until the exterior is golden and crispy. Turn the arancini to fry the other side until golden brown. Remove from the oil and place onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Enjoy your Italian arancini warm!