A Refreshing Irish Pub Salad Recipe
A traditional Irish pub salad isn’t just another recipe for iceberg lettuce with a creamy dressing. It’s a medley of delicious ingredients to satisfy the heartiest appetite. Dublin-style pubs are known for their unique recipes that are bursting with flavor and texture. This Irish pub salad is no exception. Simultaneously light and hearty, with a pleasing blend of crisp green apples and tangy cheddar cheese, it’s the go-to dish to start your meal with a bang.
• 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 crisp green apples, diced
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
• 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, cheddar cheese, red onion, and green apples.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Dijon mustard, honey, and garlic.
4. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss to combine.
5. Spread the crumbled bacon and croutons over the salad.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the croutons are lightly browned.
7. Serve the Irish pub salad immediately and enjoy.
This Irish pub salad is a great way to kick off a meal and taste the flavors of traditional Irish cuisine. The crisp green apples and tangy cheddar cheese pair perfectly with the traditional dijon mustard and honey dressing. Additionally, the bacon and croutons add a pleasant crunchy texture, elevating the dish to a whole new flavor profile. Add a light sprinkle of red onion, and you have a nice balance of color, texture, and taste.
Irish pub salad is an easy and delicious dish that’s sure to please everyone. Whether you’re a fan of the traditional Irish flavors or just looking for a light and refreshing side dish, this recipe is a perfect fit. Serve it alongside some soda bread or potatoes for a truly authentic experience.