An Delicious Indian Vada Pav Recipe
Vada Pav is a popular Indian street food dish originating from the Indian state of Maharashtra. The dish consists of a vada (deep-fried potato patty) served in a bread roll known as Pav. It is usually served with a variety of chutneys, such as garlic with coriander, spicy tamarind, and red chilli.
This dish embodies the spirit of Mumbai, its culture and its people. Whether it is eating a Vada Pav on its own or with a side of masala fries, this dish is a must have for any foodie. This delicious dish is easy to make and a perfect addition to any meal!
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- 4 Pav buns
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, gram flour, green chilli, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, water and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan over medium heat.
- Shape the potato mixture into small patties and gently drop them into the hot oil.
- Fry the patties until golden and crispy.
- Remove the patties from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Split the Pav buns in half and lightly toast them in a hot pan.
- Place the patties into the Pav buns and serve with chutneys of your choice.
This Vada Pav recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends! It’s easy to make and its delicious flavor is sure to make a crowd-pleasing snack. Enjoy!