Palak Paneer Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound paneer cheese, cubed
- salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric and chili, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the paneer cheese and stir gently to coat the cheese with the sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then season with salt to taste.
- Serve with warm naan, roti or rice.