Indian Dosa Recipe
Dosa is a popular South Indian dish, served mainly as a breakfast item or as an evening snack. It consists of a crepe-like pancake made with a rice and lentil batter, then topped with toppings like spiced potatoes, onions, chilli and herbs. It’s a tasty, tasty dish that can be enjoyed with chutneys and sambar. Here’s a simple recipe to make your very own Indian Dosa!
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 cup of urad dal (or split black lentils)
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Oil for frying or cooking spray
- Rinse the rice in cold water 2-3 times before leaving it to soak in cold water for 4 hours.
- Rinse the urad dal and add to a bowl with the fenugreek seeds. Leave to soak for the same time as the rice.
- Once the rice and dal have been soaked, strain the excess water off and grind the mixture into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a deep bowl and add the salt. Mix the salt into the batter until it has been evenly distributed.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle and lightly grease it with oil or cooking spray. Pour a ladle of the batter and quickly spread it into a round shape, ensuring that it is evenly spread.
- Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes or until the dosa begins to turn golden brown.
- Flip the dosa over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. The dosa should have a slightly crisp texture.
- Serve the dosa hot with chutneys and sambar of your choice.
Enjoy the delicious taste of this Indian Dosa recipe!