Indulge In The Taste Of India With A Homemade Indian Butterscotch Cake
When it comes to indulging in a luxurious slice of cakes, nothing beats the rich, creamy flavor of old fashioned homemade Indian Butterscotch Cake. Packed with a mix of classic Indian spices, the tart and nutty flavors of its main ingredients give this confection an unforgettable flavor.
The combination of cardamom and saffron, along with other traditional ingredients such as almond and cashew butter, will take you on a journey of aromatic and aromatic deliciousness. The mixture is enriched with eggs, butter, and a smooth butterscotch syrup, giving each slice a layer of thick, indulgent sweetness.
• 250g plain flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• Vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 100g caster sugar
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground cardamom
• 2 tablespoons of finely ground almonds
• 2 tablespoons of finely ground cashews
• 4 eggs
• 250ml of milk
• 150g of melted unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons of melted butterscotch syrup
• A pinch of saffron
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a 9”x13” cake pan with vegetable oil.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom into a bowl.
4. In another bowl, beat the eggs until creamy and add the sugar, milk, butter and butterscotch syrup.
5. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour the cake batter into the pan and tap the pan on the counter to ensure it is even.
7. Sprinkle the almond and cashew powder over the top and use a spoon to swirl it in to the batter.
8. Sprinkle a pinch of saffron and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Let cool before slicing and serving the Indian Butterscotch Cake.
After baking, the rich scent of buttery sweetness and comforting Indian spices will fill the air in your kitchen, inviting you to savor the flavorful experience. The tender crumb of the cake, paired with the nutty and aromatic spices, provides an adventure of flavor so indulgent, you can’t help but take one more slice.
If you’re looking for more variations of Indian cake recipes, try adding some dried fruit to the batter for an added pop of flavor. However you decide to enjoy this recipe, it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience full of cultural flair that will leave you wanting more.