Experience the Rich Flavours of an Indian Birthday Cake
Do you want to make a unique and flavourful birthday cake that will be sure to have your friends and family talking? Then you’ll definitely want to try this Indian birthday cake recipe!
Indian cooking is a rich blend of culture, spices and exotic flavours that make it stand out from any other cuisine. This Indian birthday cake harnesses those flavours by making use of fragrant cardamom, sweet condensed milk, and colourful saffron. This will be sure to add a unique touch to any birthday celebration.
– 1 ½ cups butter
– 1 ½ cups brown sugar
– 6 eggs
– 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 can condensed milk
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons saffron
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs before adding them to the butter mixture.
4. Add the cardamom and baking powder and mix.
5. Gradually add the condensed milk, followed by the flour and saffron.
6. Grease a round cake pan and pour in the mixture.
7. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Test your cake with a toothpick, if it comes our clean, it’s ready to enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
To bring out even more of the exotic flavours in this cake, you can also try topping it with some nuts and coconut flakes before baking it as well. For a really special touch, you can also pour some cardamom syrup over it after baking for added sweetness and richness.
This Indian birthday cake is sure to stand out from any other cake you’ve had before at a birthday celebration. Its combination of cardamom, condensed milk, flour and saffron gives it a unique flavour you won’t be able to resist. So impress your guests and give this Indian birthday cake recipe a try today!