Indian Bhindi Masala Recipe
Mouthwatering and aromatic Indian Bhindi Masala can be a great way to spice up your weeknight meal. With a few basic ingredients like onion, bell peppers, and okra this delicious curry will be ready in under 15 minutes. Serve this with hot basmati rice or naan and nobody will be able to resist.
– 1 lb okra, cut into 1-2 inch long pieces
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add in chopped onion and bell pepper. Fry for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are lightly brown and tender.
3. Add in okra and mix to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often, until okra is lightly browned.
4. Mix in all the spices and season with salt – stir to combine.
5. Lower heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until okra is soft.
6. Serve Indian Bhindi Masala with hot basmati rice or naan. Enjoy!