Indian Aloo Gobi Recipe
Aloo Gobi is a classic Indian dish consisting of potatoes (aloo) and cauliflower (gobi) that are cooked with aromatic spices. It’s a wonderfully tasty and simple vegetarian dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. In addition to being surprisingly flavorful, it’s ready in about 30 minutes! So, let’s get started!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds and cook until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add the turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower to the pan and stir until they are evenly coated with the spices.
- Pour in the water and season with salt, then stir to combine.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
And that is it! Enjoy your Indian-spiced Aloo Gobi as a delicious side dish or a light yet hearty vegetarian meal.