Introducing the Incredible Hurricane Cake
If you’re looking for an unforgettable dessert that’s sure to be the highlight of any dinner party, look no further than Hurricane Cake. Bursting with flavor, this delightful cake combines unexpected ingredients with a unique method to create a taste sensation that will astound your guests.
This unique cake recipe is a perfect combination of sweet and salty, with an intriguing blend of spices to tantalize the taste buds. Drawing on traditional Caribbean cuisine, the flavors in this stunning cake are sure to evoke memories of island living.
•1/2 Cup Pecans
•2 cups Softened Butter
•1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
•2 cups All-Purpose Flour
•2 teaspoons Baking Powder
•1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
•1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
•2 cups Dried Shredded Coconut
•1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
•4 Eggs, Beaten
•2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
•1/2 cup Dark Rum
•1/2 cup Raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake tin.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pecans, butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until you have a crumb-like consistency.
3. Spread the mixture in the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the coconut topping. In a large bowl, combine the dried coconut, coconut flakes, eggs, vanilla extract and rum. Mix until combined.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and spread the coconut mixture on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with raisins. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Hurricane Cake is an absolutely delicious dessert to serve up at your next get-together. Your guests will be left in a state of shock and awe as they take that first bite, and will be begging for more!
Similar to the flavors found in rum cake, this hurricane cake is an ideal way to introduce exotic island-inspired flavors to a traditional recipe. So what are you waiting for? Try this tropical treat today, and prepare to be swept away.