Protection Spell Jar
Making your own protection spell jars is a wonderful way to bring protection and good energy into your life. These jars are easy to make and do not require a lot of supplies which makes them perfect for anyone interested in trying a little magic. Here is a simple recipe for making your own protection spell jar.
- A clean glass or stone jar (we recommend a mason jar)
- Sea salt or kosher salt (about 1/4 cup)
- Herbs of your choice that correspond with the intention of protection, such as rosemary, sage, or lavender (1-3 tablespoons)
- Crystals of your choice that correspond with the intention of protection, such as black tourmaline, obsidian, or amethyst (roughly 1/4 cup)
- An essential oil of your choice that corresponds with the intention of protection, such as frankincense or peppermint (optional)
- String (we recommend a natural fiber like cotton, hemp or jute)
- Fill your jar about halfway with your salt, herbs, and crystals.
- Optional: add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Tie a piece of string around the top of the jar.
- Hold the jar in your hands and focus on the intention of protection. When you have set your intention, tie the string into a knot.
- Display your protection spell jar in a prominent place in your home. Feel free to add more ingredients as you see fit.
Your protection spell jar is now ready to be used. Keep in mind that the ingredients you choose are up to you and will depend on your own intention and what you want to achieve with your spell. You can also add to your protection spell jar as you deem necessary. For example, you can add a bay leaf or two for extra protection if you wish.
Using a protection spell jar is a great way to bring good energy into your home and protect yourself from negative energy. It is also an interesting way to explore your own practice of working with natural ingredients and casting spells. Try out this recipe and let us know how it turns out!