Tantalizingly Sweet and Spicy Horchata Cake Recipe
Nothing quite tempts the taste buds like a heavenly combination of sweet and spicy notes. If that’s your kind of thing, then you’re in for a treat with this unique horchata cake recipe. Rich, creamy horchata provides just the right level of sweetness to complement a medley of warm spices. The resulting cake is a delightfully exotic treat that your family and friends will love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup horchata
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Whisk together until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the horchata, melted butter, eggs, and nutella. Using an electric mixer, beat until fully blended.
- Add horchata mixture to the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving.
This horchata cake recipe is nothing short of a taste sensation! The warm, spicy notes of cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves complement the sweetness of the horchata perfectly. You’ll get a hint of nutty richness from the nutella, and the moist, fluffy cake will easily make it one of your favorites.
If you want to take this recipe to the next level, try adding some cherries to the mix as an extra element of fruity flavor. Or, replace the nutella with dulce de leche for a lighter sweetness. There’s no shortage of ways to make this horchata cake taste even more incredible!
We hope you enjoy this easy-to-follow horchata cake recipe! Now it’s time to put your newfound skills in the kitchen to the test.