Introducing a Delicious Honey Pepper Chicken Recipe
What do you get when you combine sweet yet tangy honey, a hint of spice from the pepper, and some delicious chicken? Honey Pepper Chicken! This classic dish has been a favorite in many households around the world and is a perfect mix of sweet and savory.
A Brief History of Honey Pepper Chicken
This traditional dish has its roots in Chinese cuisine. It’s believed to have been invented in the Northern Chinese providence of Henan, and became popular throughout China over time. Today, it is loved by many and is a popular staple in restaurants around the world.
Make Your Own Honey Pepper Chicken at Home
Bring the classic flavors of this traditional dish to your own kitchen with this easy-to-make Honey Pepper Chicken recipe.
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of white wine
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a knob bowl, combine honey, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, soy sauce, and white wine.
3. Cut chicken breasts into cubes and add to mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
4. Place chicken in greased baking dish and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
5. Serve over your favorite side and enjoy!
Unique Variations on the Honey Pepper Chicken Recipe
The classic Honey Pepper Chicken is great as-is, but is also easy to tweak to fit unique flavor profiles. For example, if you want to give the dish a bit of an Asian influence, you could try adding a tablespoon of sesame oil and some freshly grated ginger. If you’re feeling more like an Italian twist, you could replace the white wine with balsamic vinegar and add a pinch of dried oregano and basil.
So this time around, why not try your own take on the classic Honey Pepper Chicken recipe? Your taste buds will thank you!