Have you ever wanted to have a truly unique and delectable cake that’s both authentic and fascinating? Look no further than the Holy Cow Cake! A recipe bursting with flavorful tastes, interesting ingredients, and cultural influence, this cake will quickly become the party favorite.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 2/3 cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup 2% milk
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons 2% milk
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Gently fold in the shredded coconut and walnuts.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the milk and honey and heat until very hot (not boiling).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the confectioners’ sugar and coconut until blended. Pour the hot butter mixture into the bowl and stir until smooth and creamy.
3. Spread the frosting over the cake and decorate with optional toppings. Enjoy!
This sweet and creamy cake is sure to be a hit with all your friends and family. The combination of coconut, walnuts and honey give the cake a unique flavor and a beautiful presentation. Reminiscent of the traditional Indian dessert, rasgulla, this cake is sure to please both your eyes and taste buds.
At your next gathering, do something special and wow your guests with this magnificent Holy Cow Cake. We guarantee it won’t be long before it becomes a staple for family gatherings and special occasions. Bon Appétit!