A Bowl of Hearty Hobo Soup
It may take a little bit of extra effort, but this hobo soup recipe is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds with its unique combination of flavors. Drawing inspiration from cultures all around the world, this dish brings to the table a mix of ingredients that will leave your mouth watering long after the meal is over.
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 large onions, diced
– 1 large bell pepper, diced
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 1 teaspoon of ground paprika
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 500g of minced beef
– 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
– 500ml of beef or vegetable stock
– 400g tinned white beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
– 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat and add the onion, bell pepper and carrots. Sauté until softened, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and spices, cooking for 30 seconds before adding the minced beef. Continue to cook, stirring to break up any lumps, until the beef has browned.
3. Add the tomato purée and stock, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the beans and herbs, stirring to combine. Simmer for another 10 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked through.
5. Serve with a garnish of fresh herbs and a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese.
This hearty dish is perfect for gathering around the table on chilly nights. As the temperature of the day drops, you can be sure that your tummy will be warmed up with a steaming hot bowl of hobo soup. With its mix of flavors and textures, it’s sure to become a staple at your dinner table.
If you are looking for something a little different from the regular soup repertoire, hobo soup is the perfect choice. You could even take a leaf out of Mexican cuisine and top with some crispy tortilla chips for a bit of added crunch. If you feel like experimenting, try adding some diced chorizo for extra spice, or chopped kale for a hint of green goodness. Whatever you decide, this is one soup dish you won’t forget in a hurry. So put on the pot and enjoy a cozy bowl of hobo soup tonight!