Have you ever tasted something that was so sweet, so smooth and so delicious, you just wanted to savor the flavor for the rest of your days? That’s pretty much the experience you get when you’re eating Hennessy Cake. This unique sweet treat combines the classic combination of vanilla cake and creamy buttercream frosting with the unmistakable flavor of Hennessy Cognac for an unforgettable dessert.
From its fluffy and moist cake layers to its silky smooth buttercream frosting, Hennessy Cake is a unique dessert that captures the essence of classic flavors with a zesty and subtle twist. Incorporating a touch of sugar and a splash of flavor from the favorite cognac, this one-of-a-kind treat is perfect for a special occasion or just a cozy night in.
This recipe requires a few simple ingredients, including butter, flour, eggs and sugar, along with a generous splash of Hennessy Cognac. To bring out the sweetness of the cake, we recommend adding a dollop of crème fraîche or mascarpone cheese to the frosting mix.
Hennessy Cake Recipe
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup softened butter
• 2 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup of Hennessy Cognac
• Crème fraîche or mascarpone cheese for frosting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and 2 cups of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the beaten eggs and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring gently until the mixture is free of lumps.
4. Add in the vanilla extract and Hennessy Cognac. Stir until combined.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of sugar over the top.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting with crème fraîche or mascarpone cheese frosting.
Hennessy Cake takes classic cake flavors and elevates them to a whole new level. The subtle sweetness of the cake pairs perfectly with the hint of cognac provided by the Hennessy, creating a delightful flavor combination. If you have a special occasion on the horizon, be sure to try this unique and delicious cake. You’ll be glad you did.