Indulge in Healthy Deliciousness with Savory Lava Cake
We all love lava cake – a heavenly combination of moist chocolate cake, warm, gooey chocolate goodness, and sweet liquid bliss. But who said that lava cake needs to be a sinfully unhealthy treat? With this completely healthy recipe, you can still satisfy your sweet cravings without feeling an ounce of guilt.
This exciting twist on classic lava cake features a host of interesting ingredients and flavors, including sweet coconut cream for the liquid center, dark chocolate for the irresistible richness, and bold spices for a hint of exotic flair. It’s a decadent treat that both looks and tastes divine – perfect for special occasions such as birthday parties and holiday gatherings.
-½ cup oats (old-fashioned)
-7 pitted Medjool dates
-¼ cup almond flour
-¼ cup cocoa powder
-⅛ teaspoon salt
-3 tablespoons coconut milk (or milk of choice)
-2 tablespoons coconut oil
-2 tablespoons honey (or syrup of choice)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-¼ teaspoon cinnamon
-3 tablespoons coconut cream
-1 ounce dark chocolate (50-70% cacao)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
2. In a food processor, blend oats, dates, almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add in coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg, pulsing until combined.
3. Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners. Place a spoonful of coconut cream in the center of each cupcake.
4. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until tops are set. Allow to cool completely before serving.
5. Melt chocolate in the microwave (stirring every 15 seconds) and drizzle over lava cakes. Enjoy!
Ready to experience the ultimate sweet treat? Look no further than this luscious healthy lava cake. Creamy and chocolaty, it’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Share it with your family and friends for an utterly indulgent dessert that won’t tank your diet. Enjoy!