Hawaiian Teri Beef – An Exotic Taste of the Islands!
The ultimate island dish, Hawaiian teri beef is a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to tantalize your tastebuds. Made with tender slices of beef marinated in a teriyaki-style sauce, Hawaiian teri beef is a perennial favorite in Hawaiian homes and restaurants. Packed with flavor, this dish is easy to make and sure to become a hit in your own home!
About Hawaiian Teri Beef
Hawaiian teri beef is a classic island dish that dates back to the mid-1800’s. It is made from thin slices of beef, often round steaks or top sirloin, marinated for several hours or overnight in a teriyaki-style sauce. Teriyaki sauce is typically made with a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and other seasonings. After the beef is well-coated in the marinade, it is grilled or broiled until cooked through.
Serving Hawaiian Teri Beef
Hawaiian teri beef is often served with a variety of accompaniments. Some popular sides include steamed white rice, macaroni salad, slaw, and pickles. This dish is often served with a variety of dipping sauces as well, such as teriyaki sauce, sweet & sour sauce, or even ketchup. This main dish is sure to be a hit no matter what sides you choose!
Try This Delicious Hawaiian Teri Beef Recipe!
- 1 lb. round steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Cut steak into thin strips and place into a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, white pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and ensure all the strips are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high heat. Remove steak strips from marinade and season with salt, if desired.
- Grill or broil steak strips for 4-5 minutes, flipping once, or until cooked through.
- Serve with desired accompaniments and enjoy!
Experience the Flavor of the Islands with Hawaiian Teri Beef!
Hawaiian teri beef is sure to add some flair to your next meal. With its sweet and savory sauce, marinated beef, and variety of accompaniments, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. So why not give this classic Hawaiian dish a try the next time you’re looking for an exotic flavor of the islands?