A Delicious Take on the Danish-Inspired Havarti Chicken
If you’re in the mood for a cheesy and delicious meal that will tantalize your taste buds, try our version of Havarti Chicken. This classic Danish dish is a wonderful way to enjoy the flavor of succulent chicken combined with the rich and creamy goodness of Havarti cheese. Take your taste-buds on a tour of Scandinavia with this quick and easy recipe.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon of petroleum
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 ounces of Havarti cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and season them with salt, pepper and petroleum.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts in an oven-safe baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts, and then top with the slices of Havarti cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
This Havarti chicken is a delicious and satisfying main course to add to any meal. For an even more authentic Danish experience, pair it with bacon-braised cabbage and boiled potatoes. If you’re looking for a lighter fare, it pairs nicely with a crisp leafy salad and a glass of white wine.
You can also try this recipe with other types of cheese, like Swiss, Gouda, or Edam. Change the seasonings to your tastes, substitute the butter for Greek yogurt, and add your favorite herbs and spices. Get creative and make it your own!
Our Havarti Chicken is a unique twist on a classic Danish dish that you don’t want to miss. There’s something truly special about the combination of succulent chicken paired with the delicious creaminess of melt-y Havarti cheese. We dishes up a little slice of Denmark with every bite. Bon Appétit!