Create a Deliciously Spooky Halloween Fruit Salad
The chill of autumn is in the air, and it’s time for that beloved annual tradition – pumpkin carving for Halloween! And what better way to complete the festivities than with a hauntingly delicious and nutritious Halloween fruit salad? Made with a tantalising array of seasonal fruits, this fruity treat is sure to be a spooky showstopper!
• 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into cubes
• 2 honeydew melons, peeled, deseeded and chopped
• 2 plums, deseeded and chopped
• 2 pears, deseeded and chopped
• 2 clementines, peeled, deseeded and quartered
• 2 oranges, peeled, deseeded and quartered
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spices or allspice
• Toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the prepared fruit.
2. Add the honey and lemon juice, then sprinkle over the spices.
3. Mix together until all the ingredients are well coated.
4. To serve, spoon the Halloween fruit salad into individual bowls and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds.
This Halloween fruit salad is the perfect way to embrace the season’s autumnal flavours! The combination of succulent pineapple, sweet honeydew and zesty oranges, coupled with the warming spices, make this a wonderfully comforting yet impressive dish. It’s also a great way to get your five-a-day, and makes a refreshing alternative to the more traditional Halloween desserts. And why not try adding a few other seasonal fruits to the salad, such as apples, pomegranate or figs – the possibilities are endless!
So this Halloween, why not try a different approach to sweet treats and whip up a spooky, seasonal and nutritious fruit salad? With this easy, flavourful recipe, you can enjoy a delicious and frightfully enjoyable Halloween – bon appétit!