Bison – a Nutritious and Delicious Ground Meat Option
Ground Bison is a wonderfully lean and nutritious meat option. Bison is a true wild animal, and not merely a domesticated cow. It is lower in fat and cholesterol than beef, but is still high in protein, iron and other vitamins and minerals. This makes it an excellent choice for health-conscious individuals who want to enjoy a red-meat option that is both delicious and nutritious.
Cooking Ground Bison
Cooking with ground bison is a great way to enjoy all of the nourishing benefits of bison without any of the concerns of eating wild game. It can be prepared in a number of delicious dishes, including tacos, meat-loaf, and burgers.
Spicy Bison Burgers
These mouth-watering burgers are sure to become a favorite.
-2 lbs ground bison
-1 onion, chopped
-1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 cup breadcrumbs
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-4 hamburger buns
-Optional: lettuce, tomatoes, onions and your favorite condiments
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground bison, onion, jalapeno, garlic, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Form mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the patties.
4. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5. Serve on hamburger buns, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and desired condiments.
Ground bison is an excellent source of nourishing, delicious red meat. With its low fat and cholesterol content, it is sure to be a favorite among health-minded individuals. Try this tasty bison burger recipe and serve it with your favorite fixings, for a meal that is sure to satisfy.