Grill Up Some Bison Burgers with a Unique Twist
Burgers are a classic comfort food that you can create with many different ingredients. Bison burgers are a healthier and unique alternative to traditional beef burgers. Bison meat has a similar texture and flavor to beef, but is higher in protein, lower in fat, and has fewer calories and cholesterol. With the right combination of spices and toppings, you can create an incredibly flavorful and juicy bison burger that your family and friends will love.
When cooking with bison, you should always cook it to an internal temperature of at least 160°F and use a meat thermometer to check. Bison is leaner than beef, so you don’t want to overcook it because it will cause it to become dry and tough. Let’s get started on cooking up some delicious bison burgers with a unique twist!
– 1 lb. ground bison
– ¼ cup diced red onion
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
– Your favorite burger toppings (e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, etc.)
1. Prep your grill for direct high heat.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the burger toppings until well combined.
3. Form the bison mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties. Gently press a small indentation into the center of the patty. This helps the patties cook evenly without forming a “football” shape, which will cause it to cook faster on the heat-side and become dry.
4. When your grill is hot and ready, place the patties on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Flip the burgers, and after 3-4 minutes, poke each patty with a thermometer to check the internal temperature. The patties are done when they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
5. Add your favorite toppings to the bottom bun, followed by the bison patty, and top the burger off with the top bun.
6. Serve and enjoy your delicious bison burgers!