Tikka Masala: Greek Tyropita Recipe
Tikka Masala is an incredibly popular Indian dish, with its rich, creamy curry. But what if we took that dish and added a touch of Greece? This Greek Tyropita takes the classic curry and adds in some delicious Greek flavors – feta cheese and oregano. It’s easy to make and bursting with flavor. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tikka masala curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack of frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in diced onions, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add tomato paste, tikka masala curry paste, coconut milk, oregano, and red pepper flakes, until everything is well combined. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in feta cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with olive oil. Take the thawed phyllo pastry, and cut it into 4 equal pieces.
- Lay one piece of phyllo pastry into the baking dish. Lightly brush with olive oil. Repeat with the other 3 pieces.
- Pour the tikka masala mixture over top, and spread it out evenly. Top with the remaining 4 pieces of phyllo pastry, and brush the top layer lightly with olive oil.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.