Greek Soutzoukakia Recipe
Soutzoukakia is a traditional Greek dish that is full of flavor from herbs and spices. While the ingredients are simple, the combinations create a unique, zesty taste that is sure to be a hit on your dinner table. This recipe produces eight servings and can be served on its own or over rice or potatoes.
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup minced onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/3 cup tomato sauce
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, cumin, and cinnamon, and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Form the mixture into 8 small oval-shaped patties.
4. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
5. Add the soutzoukakia patties and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer the soutzoukakia to a baking dish.
7. In a small bowl, mix the tomato sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until combined.
8. Pour the sauce over the soutzoukakia and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!