Greek Fasolakia Recipe
Greek Fasolakia is an easy and delicious dish made of green beans and various fragrant herbs. Topped with a tangy tomato sauce, Fasolakia is a staple in Greek cuisine and a great accompaniment to grilled meats. This dish is perfect for a light summer meal, and is sure to delight any crowd of family and friends.
- 3 lbs. fresh green beans
- 7 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Trim and wash the green beans, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add garlic and onions; cook until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and red wine vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the tomato sauce in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and cook in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!