Do you enjoy tasty treats that pass down generations? Grandma Marr’s Banana Blueberry Bread is a classic recipe that’s beloved across many households. Bursting with flavours of sweet blueberries and banana, Grandma Marr’s Banana Blueberry Bread is sure to please everyone.
This easy-to-make bread has roots from Grandma Marr’s hometown. She brought the recipe with her when she left her beloved state and shared her traditional treat with the greater world. And for that, we are grateful!
The simple combination of ingredients gives the bread a glorious sweetness that comes from the golden bananas and blueberry jewels. There’s also a hint of cinnamon that provides a nice complexity to layer even more flavour.
This bread is perfect for a brunch gathering or mid-day snack. Alternatively, we love a tasty slice in the mornings as part of a sweet breakfast. No matter the time of day, you’ll always be convinced that this bread is a true treat.
So, whip out those mixing bowls and let’s get started! Here’s the recipe for Grandma Marr’s Banana Blueberry Bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until they reach a goopy texture.
- Add melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla, and continue to mix until ingredients blend together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, salt and flour, then slowly add to the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5” loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before serving.
When the bread is fresh out of the oven, you’ll be greeted with a tantalizing smell that only Grandma Marr’s Banana Blueberry Bread can create. Lay out a few slices and your family and friends will be begging for more.
Grandma Marr’s Banana Blueberry Bread is a timeless recipe that deserves to be shared and enjoyed with each generation. Give it a try and see why this traditional dish is so beloved by many!