Deliciously Satisfying Goya Pea Soup
If you’re looking for an incredibly tasty and comforting dish to warm up your soul, then Goya Pea Soup is the perfect meal! This flavorful dish is a traditional Spanish recipe that showcases the bold flavors of the salty, briny goya. A complex medley of long-simmered vegetables, slow-cooked meats, and a flavorful broth make this a must-try dish.
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 stalks celery, diced
– 1 can goya canned peas, drained and rinsed
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 2 bay leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and celery to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the vegetables are softened, add the drained and rinsed goya canned peas and stir to combine.
4. Pour in the vegetable broth and add the bay leaves. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
5. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for at least 40 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender and the broth is flavorful.
6. Remove the bay leaves and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the soup hot with your favorite crusty bread!
This Goya Pea Soup is a creamy and comforting delight! Every spoonful of this satisfying dish is packed with protein and fresh vegetables to give you a hearty and nutritious meal. The briny and yet mellow taste of the goya is the star of the show, but the combination of garlic, onion, and celery adds a sweet, earthy flavor that perfectly complements it. The end result is a cozy and flavorful dish that never fails to please!
Goya Pea Soup is a fantastic spin off of the classic split-pea soup. While similar in some ways, this version has a unique briny and Spanish twist you won’t find anywhere else. If you’re looking for another flavorful take on split-pea soup, then Goya Pea Soup is definitely worth a try! Enjoy!