golden corral bourbon chicken
Golden Corral Bourbon Chicken
A Southern classic, Golden Corral Bourbon Chicken, is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Every bite is packed with the flavors of Kentucky bourbon, succulent chicken, salty soy sauce, and sweet brown sugar. While it’s certainly easy enough to pick up ready-made Golden Corral Bourbon Chicken from a restaurant, there’s nothing like making it at home! Check out this simple recipe and whip up your own version of this delicious dish.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl for later.
2. Place the chicken chunks in a large food storage bag, pour in the marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and grease with a bit of olive oil.
4. Remove the chicken chunks from the bag and discard the marinade. Add the chicken chunks to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
5. Lower the heat to low and add the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and bubbling.
6. Serve warm over rice or noodles. Enjoy!