Gold Pickled Fowl Foot Recipe
Celebrated for its unique and bold flavor, Gold Pickled Fowl Foot is becoming a popular dish among foodies! This mouth-watering dish is prepared by pickling the foot of duck, goose, or other fowl. The combination of sweet and tart make this dish a delicious must-try.
• 1 duck, goose, or other fowl foot
• 5 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons of light soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons of rice wine or dry sherry
• 4 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 tablespoons of yellow rock sugar
• 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
1. For best results, clean the fowl foot with a mild soap and rinse thoroughly before preparation.
2. In a large bowl, mix the light and dark soy sauce together, and then add the sugar, yellow rock sugar, sesame oil, and ground white pepper.
3. Place the fowl foot in the bowl, making sure it is completely covered in the marinade. Allow it to marinate for at least 3 hours.
4. In a cold pot, place the marinated fowl foot and bring it to a boil.
5. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Finally, pour the soy sauce and rice wine mixture over the fowl foot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Take the pot off the heat and let the fowl foot cool down before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Gold Pickled Fowl Foot! This dish goes great with steamed white rice.