Indulge in Comfort with Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
Do you miss the comforting, chewy texture of sourdough bread? Are you looking for a delicious gluten free alternative? Look no further – this gluten-free sourdough bread recipe is here to rescue you!
Gluten-free sourdough bread is unfortunately not as easy to find as regular sourdough – but the taste will make up for it. The crunchy crust of this gluten free sourdough bread, coupled with its doughy, soft centre will make it your next favourite recipe!
The best part of this recipe is that it doesn’t require any special ingredients – just a few that are easy to find in your local grocery store. This recipe also takes a few days to make as it requires a longer fermentation process, but the process isn’t complicated and your reward will be worth the wait.
– 120g gluten-free sourdough starter
– 320g gluten-free flour
– 220g room temperature water
– 4g salt
1. In a stand mixer, combine the sourdough starter, gluten-free flour and water. Knead the dough for 8 minutes.
2. Cover the dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature overnight.
3. The next day, knead the dough for 8 minutes and then fold and shape it into a round.
4. Place a clean cotton cloth in a colander and sprinkle it with flour. Place the dough on the cloth and sprinkle it with flour. Cover the colander with a towel and let the dough rise at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
5. Preheat your oven to 240 degrees Celsius and prepare a pan with parchment paper.
6. Take the dough from the colander and shape it into an oval. Cut a few diagonal lines with a knife on the top.
7. Place the dough on the parchment-covered pan and let it rise for one hour.
8. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Remove the loaf from the oven, let it cool, and enjoy!
A slice of this gluten free sourdough bread is the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee, or a delicious snack when you’re craving something chewy and comforting. Enjoy this unique twist on an old classic and you won’t miss the gluten!