Are you looking for a delicious, warm, gluten-free bread to use for sandwiches or even just to have for breakfast? Look no further than this incredibly tasty Gluten-Free Rye Bread! This bread is easy to make and provides an unbeatably unique flavor, thanks to its rye flour base. A unique combination of spices and nuts also gives it a pleasant aroma and adds texture to the finished product.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preparing the Dough
- In a small bowl, add warm water, yeast, and honey. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- In a large bowl, add the flaxseed meal, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, salt, caraway seeds, rye flour, quinoa flakes, oat flour, tapioca starch, and chopped walnuts. Mix until combined.
- When the yeast mixture is bubbly, add the olive oil to it and then pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a thick dough forms. You may need to use your hands or a spoon to mix it together.
- Turn dough out onto a gluten-free floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
Baking the Bread
- Transfer the dough to a greased bread loaf pan and let it rise for 40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the oven is preheated, bake the bread for 45 minutes.
- Once the bread has finished baking, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool completely before slicing.
This Gluten-Free Rye Bread is the perfect sandwich bread and it’s great toasted too. For an extra hit of flavor, top it with your favorite seed or nut butter. Or, simply enjoy it plain, with your choice of cheese or jam. The flavor of this bread is unique and a great alternative to traditional wheat breads. Enjoy!